Wow... it has been a busy week. Suddenly this year we are more popular than ever and have had numerous social engagements (which is great!), plus the usual last-minute (or last-week) shopping and wrapping and getting ready for Christmas. I'm so exhausted from it all that I've decided that I need to find a better way to orchestrate the holidays next year! (note to self: start shopping earlier) It also makes me appreciate my parents that much more... shopping and wrapping and filling stockings for three kids! Oh, and preparing for the traditional Christmas brunch!
Speaking of brunch, I'll be starting my dad's traditional sticky-bottom-rolls so that we can have a little of the Baker Christmas here in Ann Arbor. I've done a few trial runs of cinnamon rolls in the last few weeks (much to Alex's delight) and I think I'm ready for the challenge!
To complicate things, Stefan has been working nearly around the clock at his rental property installing new windows. I'm looking forward to stopping by in the next week to check it out! We've had a lot of help with the kids, from my in-laws watching Jameson everyday, to a neighbor watching Alex after school, to a cadet who babysat them so I could go to my book club! Jameson is really getting attached to his Szumko grandparents... he threw quite a fit the other day when Jim left!
Yesterday we took a trip with my intrepid in-laws to see "Pop," Stefan's amazing-still-working-five-days-a-week-in-his-barbershop-grandfather. He was happy to see the kids, even though it took a good part of the trip for Jameson to warm up to him. Pop gave haircuts to Alex, Stefan and Jim, and even did a "mock-hair-cut" for Jameson to get him ready for the big day. Whenever that is! I'm not ready to part with his adorable curls anytime soon.
Szumko men:
Handsome young man! Alex requested a part on the left side:
No comments:
Post a Comment