Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Linksmu Kaledu!!

Holy Christmas, in Lithuanian! A special hello to our extended Lithuanian family! Apparently they are readers of my blog, which is really cool!

We had a quiet Christmas here. Jim and Gustie, as well as Pop, came for Christmas brunch. We had a great Christmas brunch, with the famous stick-bottom rolls, ham, eggs, cheesy potatoes, fruit and vegetables. Yum!

Everyone seemed motivated by the idea of a nap, so it was just the four of us again by about 2pm. (in fact, the only one who didn't take a nap was Alex, because he was too busy with his legos to rest!)

Besides the joy of watching Alex come out and see that "Santa came, Mama, he came!!!" there are two things that stick in my mind from the day. The first is Alex and his Legos. His combined total from Santa and his Szumko grandparents was three big lego sets! He worked nearly non-stop all day long... only taking forced, short breaks to eat or socialize. At one point in the afternoon, I even offered him a cookie and he refused. (reference earlier postings about his love for candy and TV)

The second is just Jameson and our time together. Recently, I have been so busy that our time together has mainly been me occupying him long enough that I can get something else done while I am with him. However, after our visitors departed and his nap was finished, I had nothing to do but play with him. Alex was distracted, there was no housework that had to be done, the house was full of food... so I let him call the shots and we had a very relaxing time together. How often does that happen in our hectic lives? Not nearly often enough. (note to self: have more "downtime" with Jameson!)

Camouflaged Jameson! (Thanks for the blanket, Eilish!) Jameson loved it right away, and pounced on all of the lions and roared. Later in the evening, after Jameson was asleep, Alex tried to convince me that it was "too big for Jameson" and so he should use it for a while instead.

No comments: