(the van handled the drive just perfectly, by the way!)
I can't help but enjoy these trips, despite the long drive and the upset nap schedule. It is satisfying to be in Pop's barbershop, taking pictures and watching the boys play and interact with their great-grandfather. I can only hope that they remember---and someday, appreciate---how unique and amazing it is not only to have a great-grandparent living but to have him take his Sunday afternoon to cut their hair.
(I have a sneaking suspicion that Pop enjoys it even more than the rest of us.)
Here's handsome Alex, about half-way done.
Jameson was a little less thrilled with the haircut--and the entire visit!--but he warmed up to the idea when lollipops were mentioned.


Later, he really warmed up to Pop, climbing up onto his lap and cheerfully calling, "POP IS VERY NICE, MAMA!" much to the delight of all present. (especially Pop)
He has started to call people "NICE" when he really enjoys their company. Stefan was a "VERY NICE DADDY" and Alex was a "VERY NICE BOY" later that evening. But we're still working on our understanding of words and their exact meanings, though. As I was pulling on Jameson's pajamas, he smiled and reminisced about spending the day with "BABAPA". He went on to say that BABAPA was "A VERY NICE BOY".
Later, he really warmed up to Pop, climbing up onto his lap and cheerfully calling, "POP IS VERY NICE, MAMA!" much to the delight of all present. (especially Pop)
More pictures here.
3 comments:
15 years later.....it still rings true....So nice.
Hi Christine & Stefan - Cleaning out emails I discovered you had sent me this link. How nice that I can follow your adventures with boys, and it is! Did you see www.myqualityday.blogspot.com or www.getoffthecouchnews.blogspot.com ? The boys aren't babies any more.
Hi!! Welcome to my blog! I enjoy reading yours as well!
Post a Comment