The snow... much to my deep regret, the cold and the darkness are upon us. As Stefan commonly says, "the six months of winter are here." (this is where I start wondering why WHY WHY did we chose to live in Michigan?)
On Sunday I was fortunate enough to go on a hike with a couple of Cub Scouts and their parents. The snow certainly was pretty, even with the cold.
The boys had a great time throwing the snow and tramping around, generally acting silly and boy-like. As you can see in this picture, though, Alex certainly has a limit on his capacity to enjoy the cold and the snow...
The other big event was the infamous PANCAKE SUPPER. Alex was in charge of selling at least $150 of tickets, so he and Stefan canvassed the neighborhood and called up willing relatives. (he sold $256 in tickets, way to go Alex!!)
But more importantly, Alex got to have one of his very favorite foods for DINNER. (I was a little less thrilled with the white flour and sugar for dinner, but it was fun to see so many neighbors and friends from Eberwhite show up!)
Jameson was also thrilled with the Pancake Supper, but mostly because he got to see two of his very favorite people on the planet--BABAPA. (his Szumko grandparents, called Baba and Papa... Jameson efficiently combined their names into one!) For days he's been asking when the supper is, and how soon until he gets to see BABAPA. ("TAN I TOM TOO, MAMA? SEE BABAPA, MAMA? TAN I TOM TO THE PANCAKE SUPPER, MAMA?")
You can clearly see from this pictures what we'll be doing this weekend... heading to Pop's house for haircuts!
2 comments:
I can't wait until I can do my scoutly duties again. I miss hiking and taking pictures of critters under logs. Thanks, Christine, for picking up my slack.
I'm seeing a very high syrup to pancake ratio!
Post a Comment