Here's our adventurous Jameson, who was very, very interested in the little backyard pond at my aunt and uncle's house. I tried not to hover too much... I like for him to be able to explore on his own.
But... he kept on leaning over, trying to reach in. He tried dropped little pebbles in and pointed out the fish to me again and again. He found some sandbox toys to dip in... he walked round and round and checked out the water from all sorts of angles.
He seemed safe enough, so I loosened up a bit.
Famous last words.
Apparently those fish were just too darn tempting. I was standing close, but watching the big boys play on the swing when I heard it.
SPLASH!
My head spun around, and the image that followed will stick with me forever--Jameson's head and torso going STRAIGHT IN to the chilly water.
Of course a couple of us jumped right on over and lifted him out. Luckily, his head didn't hit the rocks at the bottom. After a quick stripping of wet clothes and being wrapped in a warm towel, the crying ceased and he admitted that it was "VERY DARY". (very scary)
He doesn't seem any worse for wear, after his dunking in a cold little pond on a chilly Thanksgiving. And it certainly made this Thanksgiving very memorable.
2 comments:
Yes, very dary. I always get those wince moments thinking about things that could happen to the kids, and its worse when they actually happen.
Jameson did recover fast ... I expect that he will always be an explorer.
Yep... he definitely likes to do this own thing. The problem is knowing when to let him go, and when to keep a tighter "leash" on his exploring!
Post a Comment