Breaking news!
Alex Szumko was awarded the “Sportsmanship Award” for having his Pinewood Derby car come in LAST PLACE.
During an interview about the experience, he said, "At first I was disappointed not to be winning, but this is such a cool trophy!"
Another witness at the scene was a little less enthusiastic. "Let's go home, NOW," he said. "I AM READY FOR NAP." This young man was seen consuming several Washtenaw Dairy Doughnuts, so it is suspected that the overconsumption of sugar was affecting his judgment.
The family was then seen coming home, where one boy took a nap and the other stared at his trophy in awe. For hours.
More to come!
5 comments:
Looks like Alex had fun anyways.
Did the car cross the finish line at least?
Wally's race is this weekend. Secret weapon: tonight we graphite the wheels.
We missed you last weekend. Hopefully we'll get to see each other (and play Siedler!) soon.
Stefan said he didn't believe in the whole graphite on the wheels trick. I wonder if he'll change his mind next year!
For once.....I will let him beat me in light sabre wars....just to make up for it.
Ha... like you could EVER beat him in light sabre wars. At least he always wins there. ;)
At least his car actually make it down the track? I remember one that didn't for our races. Graphite on the wheels works well. I did win best in show one year for have a car that looked like a pencil. They weren't too impressed w/ the "pen" I made the next year.
BTW - was that picture taken w/ the "newspaper's" iCamera? What happened to that sweet dSLR?
Post a Comment