Thursday, July 12, 2007

I am a rock star (according to J-Mo)




Jameson has decided that he only wants Mama. All the time. All day long.

Daddy will suffice if I'm not in the room, but he cries when I leave a room, cries if I'm not the one feeding him, cries if I'm not paying attention... where did this come from?? We always thought he would be a Daddy's boy!! Is it a combination of too many people and too much activity at the beach? Is his ninth tooth, currently cutting, really bothering him? Did the antibiotics (which I forgot to have him finish, despite the doctor's warning) not kill the ear infection?


I hope he gets over this soon... otherwise he's in for a shock on August 20th when I got back to work. (note, I said "August 20th" instead of "20 Aug"... I'm attempting to use civilian dates!)

Favorite memories from the beach:


--Playing at the end of the island in the tidal pools with Alex. We not only swam in the "big waves" but we went into smaller pools that were quite warm from the sun and called them Hot Tubs. When we were in deeper tidal pools, he would swim under the water and grab my legs and pretend to be a shark. It was great just to have a few hours to focus only on him---and doing something we both enjoyed so much!


--Kayaking with Mike, Jurate, Alex and Stefan. It was a guided tour inland. The tour guide loved teaching and helped me with my stroke. I really, really enjoyed this! It is amazing the control you have over a kayak, incorporating nearly all part of the body in steering and manuevering the kayak. I could have kept going all day, had the tour not ended (and my arms not eventually given out).


--Watching Jameson enjoy the ocean and the sand. At one point, in order to avoid him walking in too deep, I dug a hole and it filled with water. He loved sitting in it, climbing in and out of it, and splashing in it.


--Playing with the hose with Jameson. More than anything else this week, Jameson likes the hose (used mainly to spray off feet when coming in from the ocean). I hold the sprayer on, and he walks in and out of it, tries to drink it, makes happy noises.


--Walking on the beach with Stefan and forgetting about the kids for a little while!


--Jurate's fruit tart, yum yum yum!


--My private yoga class, which mainly focused around restorative yoga in order to alleviate my headache.


--Morning yoga, before anyone else is up, followed by an outdoor shower and good coffee.



--Watching my Dad get beat in cribbage. (or "get his butt kicked," as Uncle Monkey says) In other words, the fun and casual interchange between family and nearly-family members all week. Much of it shouldn't be written down (much less remembered past this week) because of its low-grade humor. But... it was funny at the time! (another example: "How do you spell pier?" "P E A R" "No, it's P E E R" "No, you had it right the first time" "Isn't she without peer?")

--Afternoon naps




--Going out to dinner with my siblings and their spouses on Pat and Nicole's 14th wedding anniversary (and drinking a tad too much wine!).



My three boys:
Jameson exploring the beach:

Alex on the pier:Jameson faces up to his drinking problem:Alex practices his jedi tricks without vision:The entire crew! first row: Stefan, me, Jameson, Alex, Benjamin, Nicole


Second row: Pat, Dad, Mike Roth (aka Uncle Monkey), Aunt Joyce (aka Aunty Monkey), Mom, Mike, JurateDouble pig-tails, my favorite hair-style of the week, because it it too short to stay in a normal pony-tail.Nicole and I as fashion models:Alex at the tidal pools:


The happy couple:Proof that Jurate held the baby at least once!

No comments: