Just some random thoughts as I sit here alone in the beach house. Jameson got up very early today and needed an early nap. (he was quite a little crank-monster and only wanted me) Everyone else is down at the tidal pools. I hope to be able to go tomorrow. While I'm not exactly thrilled to be stuck at the house, it is nice to have some quiet time.
Mike, Jurate, and I went to a yoga class on the beach last night. Mike thought it was "too dirty" (he didn't like the sand everywhere) but I really enjoyed it. I'm going to have a private lesson with the instructor today. It felt wonderful to be in a class---and be led by an instructor---after all of my solo yoga sessions early in the morning. I hope to find yoga studios at other spots in our travels.
Jameson is making his way from "baby" to "toddler". His walking has really improved since being on this trip. At home, he was doing great to go 6 or 7 steps, now he can walk across a room and even turn corners. The baby.com emails I get say that many people consider 12 months the time that kids make this transition. But he still seems so "baby". Perhaps when he is talking a little bit. When Alex was this age, I was reluctant to see the "baby" go, but now I am excited. I really enjoyed "age two" with Alex---the blossoming of language and the emergence of a little person. I am really looking forward to it with Jameson---despite the tantrums and other issues that come with a 2-year-old.
Stefan and I went out to the "Book Worm" yesterday. We spent a good deal of money on used and new books! This is one of the nice things about returning to the same place for vacations--visiting the same local businesses. I still haven't been to the "Cappuccino on the Beach" (which is really off the beach, on the mainland) but I look forward to returning. This beach is so nice for its "smallness" and how undeveloped it is. No big hotels, no glitz and glamour, hardly even any restaurants! Just cottages on a beach and a few local beach-ware stores that can manage to stick it out from year to year.
Jameson's first time at the ocean:
Those gymnastics lessons are paying off:
No comments:
Post a Comment