The best parts of the week, though, were seeing the boys play together more and more. As Jameson gets older, and Alex gets better at adapting his play to him, they are becoming great buddies.
One night, Jameson was all ready for bed, but refused to go back to his room until he could join in on the story-time in the living room. Alex said, "I want him on my lap" and so he pulled him up.
Another night, there was a rowdy game of "naked baby chase" that lasted at least 10-15 minutes. Running and tackling and playing light saber with bean bottles (old empty bottles filled with beans made great toys).
We pulled out Alex's train sets and made train tracks. Jameson was a little more interested in destruction rather than construction, but we all somehow managed to play together. Alex nicely said, "Let's take a picture of my train track and then he can wreck it." So we did.
One morning, the boys laid on the couch together, and Alex gave Jameson a back rub.
And my favorite line of the week... as I was trying to figure out what to wear to work one morning, both boys eventually left breakfast and migrated back into my room. Jameson wanted up on the bed, so they both ended up there, with Alex making a game of keeping Jameson "safe" on the bed (preventing him from falling off). Honestly, I wasn't paying close attention, as I was running late and needed to make my decision and get out the door. I was jerked back into the present moment with a laugh, though, when Alex pushed Jameson back to the center of the bed and said, "Jameson, I just risked my LIFE for you!".
No comments:
Post a Comment