So we drove off to Flushing. For the first bit of our visit, Pop did the ceremonial "squeezing" of the boys... (imagine "come here, Alex, I need to squeeze you" in a Ukrainian accent). Alex is pretty used to this, and settled right in on Pop's lap. Jameson, just waking up from a car nap, took a little longer to warm up, but eventually was convinced to sit in Pop's lap too.
Then we moved out to the barber shop and Alex got his haircut. He's an expert these days, no more crying or needing to sit on someone's lap. He even issues his own orders--taper in the back, part on the left, etc. He looks like a handsome little man up there in the chair, and Pop indulges him. (however, he does return to boyhood as soon as the cut is done, in choosing his dum-dum lollipop and negotiating for an extra one for the ride home)

Today, though, we employed this to our use. Jameson was thrilled to go up into the big chair, just like Alex. And we convinced Alex to stand on the foot stool of the chair, and Jameson was thrilled with the attention from everyone in the group. We whipped out the camera and the video camera and the grandparents were on their feet, ready to witness the special event.
Just a tiny trim, Pop, okay?? Just ceremonial. Not a real cut.
Hah. Famous last words.
Instead of pulling out the scissors and doing the ceremonial trim, as I had envisioned, Pop pulled out the clippers and started in on those beautiful curls on the back of his head!!! I'm afraid to listen to the video, as I was trying to communicate my dismay without a) scaring Jameson or b) ruining the video.
Pop, watch his curls!! Be careful of the curls!! Just a tiny trim, Pop! Ooh... good boy Jameson, you are doing great. Pop, watch those curls!!
I should have know better, really. He can't be a barber for over 50 years and not learn at least a few things. By taking off a tiny bit of length in the back, Jameson now has a delightful little fluffy fringe of curls covering the back of his head. His bangs are trimmed up a bit, and he just looks more boy-like. Just as Alex did, at the same age.
2 comments:
Mo's Grandfather was a barber too! Great pictures & blog site.
Its nice to know there are 'friendly-readers' out there.
We've added your site to our 'links.'
Mo is so excited you & Jenny are coming to the shower.
You're the best!
Hi! I added your site to our links too. I love Wally's car!
Thanks!
Post a Comment