Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Dalai Lama

Stefan and I were fortunate enough to see the Dalai Lama on Sunday. He was in Ann Arbor for the weekend, and spoke at numerous different events.

I really appreciated the opportunity to go, as he had many great messages and was really funny at times. But... it was difficult to pay attention as the arena we were in was very hot and stuffy, and his English was heavily accented and hard to follow.

The moment that makes me smile now, days later, is when we were walking to the event. We could see our neighbor, Karma, up ahead of us. We tried to walk faster and catch up, but she was still too far ahead. So we started calling her name and waving our arms.

It was then that I realized that we must have made quite the picture... on our way to hear the Buddhist leader talk and screaming "KARMA" at the top of our lungs!

No comments: