Now we are having a recovery day—or at least I am—before going back to work. Stefan is painting the house, and Jameson and I are enjoying a “BOO-FULLLLL DAAAYYYY!” (in his words) and catching up on laundry. Right now, I’m enjoying his beautiful nap, which has lasted almost three hours—and counting! We also had an impromptu meeting with a good friend at the farmer’s market after dropping Alex off at school. All in all, a great way to transition back to normal life, even if I do feel a bit jet-lagged (hey, wasn’t that supposed to be a benefit of going to Mexico over, say, Hawaii or Europe?).
Here is a brief preview of some of our pictures from Cozumel. There are about 500 in total between the two cameras, so I still have considerably more sorting and cropping to do before getting out the complete list.
The whole purpose behind the trip... my college friend and housemate Darlene's wedding! Here she is with her husband, Jeff.
Our first full day we rented scooters and "tooled around the island" (in Stefan's words). The other side--which gets the direct force of the ocean winds--had huge waves and great big rocks. Very scenic, but it didn't look very appealing for swimming.
It was really an amazing outing... we'd scooter along until we found a scenic spot, and then stop, walking around, and take pictures. We also stopped for lunch--right on the beach--where we were mistaken for about 15 starving people (based on the amount of fish on our platter).
After the road turned inland, we focused on our next stop, the Mayan ruins. Almost as equally fascinating as the ruins were the iguanas that roamed freely around them.
And here I am, brillant archeologist exploring ancient ruins... or perhaps just trying to soak up some of the history before going to get an ice cream bar. It was HOT. (although I kind of missed the heat when we had to put COATS ON this morning to walk to school... COATS!!)
And last but not least... the favorite part of my day. We stayed in a fancy "all-inclusive" resort, but the day-long access to drinks or burgers or all the various pools didn't compare to the peaceful calm of breakfast (when all the loudness created by so many people imbibing was hours away...). Fresh orange juice, phenominal coffee, and someone to cook and serve my breakfast while Stefan and I read. Ahhh...
3 comments:
nice of the Mayans to leave plaques behind so you'd know what was going on there :)
I KNOW! And it multiple languages too!
I'm a big plaque reader.....and jealous!
What ruins are those?
Post a Comment