--I took Jameson for a walk the other night. We just went around the block while he pushed his "bike". When we were about half way through he started taking odd breaks and laying down. He would hold one leg and count (won-do-free-four-five-dix-deben). Finally I figured out what he was doing---he was stretching out his back and leg, just like Daddy. Apparently Jameson has learned that this is a normal part of a neighborhood walk.
--Alex has had a new interest in playing games. After Jameson goes to bed--or on weekends during nap--Stefan and I get drafted into playing Uno, Connect Four, Hiss, MasterMind, and other games. It is definitely a good investment of my time--I can literally see him learning analytical and problem solving skills--but he's SOOO competitive that he gets angry and upset when he loses. Welcome to life, kid. Better to learn now, though, that you don't win every game you play. Play well and be happy with your performance and don't focus too much on the outcome. (hopefully if I say this, or something similar, often enough it will sink in... hopefully)
--Speaking of games, we had yet another soccer game this afternoon. Our little soccer player scored a goal!! Alex was so excited not only to score the goal but to have Daddy there to see it. Since Stefan became Alex's Den Master in Cub Scouts, Daddy has a WHOLE NEW STATUS. Right now, as I write this, they are downstairs, laying on the floor together. Playing Connect-Four, of course, and watching football.
--Jameson continues to be deeply attached to Kathryn, the big sister of one of Alex's soccer buddies. I think there are several parents of toddlers that are even more attached to her, though, because she plays with our young children. Leaving us free to watch the soccer game and chat.
Soccer, cider, fall, and time to connect with other parents and with my own children.... does it get any better than that?
1 comment:
Welcome to the ranks Den Leader!
You knew you couldn't hide too long with all those years of Camp experience!
Here is a link to our Pack site that your may find useful; especially the Virtual Cub Leaders handbook.
http://pack961.blogspot.com/
Have fun!
Post a Comment