Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Playing with my camera

On the way up to a wedding in Frankenmuth, we stopped in to see Pop for haircuts. As usual, I tried to find interesting pictures amidst the ritual hair-cutting. I particularly like these two pictures.

This first picture was right as Alex's haircut was finished. He was particularly pleased with the spiky look (but was then immediately embarrassed and combed it down!). He requested a "summer haircut" because he believed that, with less hair on his head, he would swim much faster in the hotel pool.


This second one also has Pop a bit blurred, which I like to think represents his constant movement during a haircut. (and obviously has nothing to do with my lack of understanding of all the camera settings!) I also like the far away expression on Jameson's face... he was clearly tired and in need of a nap, and I think he enjoyed sitting still and being fussed over. Of course, the fact that this is a self portrait--and I got Alex in it too!--makes me happy as well.

And it hurt, it really hurt, to see that adorable curl above his forehead get cut away. I almost decided not have his hair cut because of it. I can only hope it grows back.

No comments: