While Stefan and I were really sick earlier this week, we took turns taking care of the kids so that the other could rest.
That is, we took turns when we couldn't manage to farm out the kids to family, friends, and neighbors---we are so fortunate to have a great village here to raise our kids in.
Anyhow, I overheard many conversations between Stefan and Jameson that ranged from discusting to funny.
For instance, while laying in bed on Monday, I heard this from the bathroom:
Jameson, do NOT put your mouth on the toilet! Use your HANDS to lift up the toilet seat!
ICK.
Later that night, Stefan read Jameson his bed-time stories. On nine nights out of ten, this is my job. I was laying on the floor, feeling very sick, but was oddly satisfied to see how much detail and attention Stefan was giving both Jameson and the book on anatomy. (Jameson is so fascinated with anatomy... do I see medical school in his future??) Of course, I always like to hear how Stefan answers questions.
Jameson asked, "Daddy, what are lips for?"
To keep your mouth shut, Jameson.
Jameson replied cheerfully, "Oh, okay!".
Another day, at dinner, following the two times outs we had to issue to Jameson before we even started eating, Stefan said--with affection--to Jameson,
You still need some work, you know...
To which Jameson rose up a little higher and prouder in his seat and declared,
I NEED A LOT OF WORK, DADDY!
Yes, I do agree, dear son of mine. It's a good thing you delight us just as much as you frustrate us!
No comments:
Post a Comment