Friday, January 1, 2010

Back

I thought I better post something quick... otherwise even my three most dedicated readers might give up.

What can I say... this was really an unintended hiatus from my little blog. The Christmas holiday proved busier than expect, and perhaps more importantly, strep throat is NOT to be messed with.

I'll post a longer, more interesting post detailing the finer side of living with these boys... today we are happily celebrating the arrival of 2010 with Stefan's sister and her family. But for now, I'll leave a few pictures showing what we were doing at the start of these two long weeks.

First, our annual tradition of Stefan's "Christmas Crab". Several years ago, Alex decided to buy Stefan a CRAB for his birthday... he remembered how much Stefan enjoyed crab during our 2006 visit to California. And since "Birthday Crab" doesn't have quite the same ring to it, we call it the "Christmas Crab". Alex and I ventured out on a cold, dreary Saturday at the farmer's market. After fueling up with warm drinks, Alex made his selection at the fish market in Kerrytown. And here it is:

A king crab claw!

Then later that evening, we built a fire inside and enjoyed a simple dinner in front of it. With a cozy fire, a delicious glass of wine, and a wonderfully quirky family, it is easy to overlook how many times water glasses are knocked over or how often two boys fight over positioning and pillows. It's also easy not to worry too much about how much food was actually consumed, rather than wiped all over the face of one of those boys.



Happy New Year!

No comments: