Sunday, January 31, 2010

Still remembering...

The other day I wrote about remembering Jameson's babyhood, and how little he used to be. It's hard to imagine a time when he wasn't this talkative, insistent, adorable pre-schooler.



But this trip down memory lane actually started with Alex. The other night, I really looked at him during dinner. He was enthusiastically talking about the latest trading of Pokemon cards at school, but I barely heard him. I was just absorbing him in that very moment, trying to memorize every little bit.



Do you ever have those moments? Where suddenly, the universe aligns to present a perfect, simple moment?



I remember another such moment, where a simple activity suddenly turned into a magical little moment that I hope never to forget. He was three, and we were walking out of my workplace together (Stefan must have dropped him off so that he could go work on the rental property). We were on the way to the parking structure, and he was walking on the top of a ledge. The wind was blowing his hair, his expression was all delight and energy and innocence. All I wanted to do was press the pause button and freeze the moment forever.

He looked a little bit like this:




The other night, I was wondering, when did he lose the softness of toddlerhood?


When did he get to be so angled and tall?




And, I better really enjoy him right now, right here. Because time doesn't seem to be slowing down at all.
Below are a few more pictures from my trip down memory lane. Did we really have only one child? Was he really that small?























No comments: