Friday, January 15, 2010

Notes from the trenches

I found out that my poor father checks my blog every day. In the past few months, life has been so hectic that I've only been posting on the weekends. So, he's been sadly neglected. This morning, in between morning yoga and sending work email and getting the kids up, I decided to post a few notes from the week.

::Twice this week I've come home to scenes like this... Stefan cooking up something wonderful and his little assistant "helping out". Jameson is so focused and excited that he doesn't want to stop to actually eat dinner. His favorite thing to do it fill, empty and refill old peanut butter containers. Last night as I was starting the dishes I found 3 of them in the sink. Another favorite is to fill a bowl with water, have a parent add some dish soap, and then mix it up with a wire wisk until it bubbles.



::Alex must be growing. He's eating everything in sight. Well, all the cereal, goldfish, pasta, and peanut-butter-and-honey-sandwiches in sight. We're still working more on vegetables, fruit, legumes...
::After witnessing one too many fights over who gets the treasured seat by the window, and who gets the favored Star Wars plate, we now have a schedule. On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, Alex gets the chair by the window and Jameson gets the plate. On Tuesday, Thursdays, and Saturdays, it is reversed. On Sundays, Stefan gets them both.
And so it goes... one day after another... I do my best remember to treasure these little moments, and document them so my Dad starts his day with a smile.

1 comment:

Grandpa said...

Yes, I do check your blog each day. And if there is nothing new, I read an old post. Yes, I look forward to reading and learning more about "your life with boys."
Keep adding to the blog whenever you are able. You have many loyal readers.