Really, I am.
I like my new granola so much that I've had waaayyy too much of it. I'm not going to say exactly how much, but I'm not sure if I should be buying more ingredients in the next few days to make another batch, or hold off for a while for the sake of my waist line. (I think I may be planning an extra workout tomorrow!)
It all started with Molly, who lives in Seattle. I've never met Molly, but I've spent quite a bit of time reading her blog. She's a "big time" blogger (those quotation marks are for you, Sharon). She's been recognized and awarded so often that she managed to get a book deal and become a full-time writer. Very cool.
Her blog, Orangette, is all about fabulous food and fabulous writing--two of my very favorite topics. Some of the food she writes about is a little beyond my time and inclination at this point in life, but I still love reading about it. Last week's post, however, was the aforementioned granola. I boldly bought all the ingredients, including some new to me, like hulled raw sunflower seeds and brown rice syrup (yay for Ann Arbor's Arbor Farms grocery!), while Alex was at a birthday party. And then, with my kids occupied with grandparents, I created this easy masterpiece.
I'm literally looking forward to tomorrow morning, when I can have it again. (I had to cut myself off this evening) I'm not sure if I should have it with vanilla yogurt, like this morning, or with milk as I did this afternoon, or go absolutely crazy and mix it with some hot oatmeal. Mmmm...
After all, a girl needs something to look forward to with creatures like this hanging around!!
(Alex was trying on a costume of Hugo's, to see if the hood pattern would work for the wolf costumes for drama club... more to come on that!)
No comments:
Post a Comment