Sunday, February 3, 2008

Party Animals

We went to a party down the street last night. I just love that we know our neighbors enough to spend time together and borrow and/or loan out our kids. (can't be the commute either... it required no discussions about who the designated driver was!)



The chili was spicy, the kids were cute, and the party was fun. Here are some of the pictures.


Jameson takes Beck for a ride:

Alex and Dalin loved the glass table. "I can see my real knees through this!" Alex said.
Dalin and Hugo taking Alex for a ride. That car got a lot of mileage that night.



A few side notes... I had to bribe Alex to wear matching sweaters with Jameson. I love dressing them alike---and Alex likes it too--but the sweater isn't nearly as comfortable as Alex's old, worn in sweatshirts, so he was reluctant to change. (but Mom... our t-shirts underneath match, isn't that enough??)


When I was getting Jameson ready, I distracted him by telling him that we were going to a party. Apparently he remembers the last party we went to (also for a neighbor!) and he got SOOO excited. ("BAA BAAA BAAA," the multi-purpose word) He found his boots and demanded that I put them on immediately. Then he found MY boots and brought them to me! This kid is figuring out more and more everyday, and is so entertaining.

I had a conversation with Matt (Dalin and Jaden's Dad) about the other half of the party--the twenty-something-no-kids crowd that are in the same master's program as the chili chef. They were planning where to go "out" that night. We, the thirty-something-with-kids crowd were thinking, Wow, it's after seven... it's getting late!! Time to head home!!

Jameson shared our opinion of the late hour on a short walk home. "DAA," he said, pointing up as we stepped outside. Dark? we hazarded a guess. "Yea," he said. "DAAA." And with great somberness, he discssed the darkness with Daddy the whole way home. "Daaa. Daaaa. Daaa."

No comments: