Sunday, February 3, 2008

Snow Day Blues

On Friday, schools were closed because of a snow storm. Alex was thrilled and excited for about ten minutes, until he realized that he was going to miss HOT LUNCH at school. "Buying Hot Lunch" is very thrilling for Alex, for reasons I have yet to exactly determine. I'm not sure if he feels grown up making his own decisions about lunch, or if HOT LUNCH is just a cool thing to do... Anyhow, Friday's HOT LUNCH was "Macaroni and Cheese." And apparently, as he explained in a huff, Mac and Cheese at school is SOOO much better than Mac and Cheese at home.


Bummer.
(He clearly wasn't overjoyed with Mom taking pictures, but it was just too funny to pass up)

Meanwhile, Jameson was making a new demand at the breakfast table. After picking out some cereal, I plopped him in his chair and poured him a bowl. "Maa maaa" he called. No, Jay, you have enough. "MAAA MAAA!!!!" Jameson, eat what you have and you can get more.

Clearly, I was missing something.

Stefan walked in to hear the next "MAAAA MAAA MAAAA!!". Oh, you want milk, Jameson?

Ahh... MAAA not only means "more," but it means "milk"!! We need to update the Jameson-to-English dictionary.

Here's our happy toddler, showing off his new talent.


I think it started Thursday because his big brother pulled out the box of Cheerios and declared that he could read it. Really? I say. Very cool. What does it say, Alex?

"Well, it says that it will lower your cholesteral 4 percent. Or six percent. I saw it on a commercial. So I better have some. Oh, and can you get me some milk?"

This may sound like a normal request, but Alex never, ever eats cereal with milk. Boy was I happy to comply. And chuckling that one of those blasted commericals actually got him eating healthy than I could!

No comments: