Friday, January 18, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Here I was 31 years ago... obviously the delight of my family...





And now, here I am still delighting my family in my origami abilities...

Alex received a very cool Christmas present--a calendar with a new paper airplane to construct everyday. Although I do admit, as the maker of 90% of the airplanes, it can be quite challenging with their limited directions, to make these planes on demand. Granted, at 7:15 in the morning, I'm only making the airplane with part of my brain, while the rest of me is making oatmeal, convincing both boys to eat, and prying Mr. Night Owl out of bed.

While Alex was playing with one of his planes the other night, Stefan and I started making paper contraptions from our youth (in addition to airplanes for Jameson, so he wouldn't be jealous!). Stefan made a ninja star, while I made this thing, which I can't remember the name of! Does anyone know? Stefan called it a "cootie-catcher" but I know that's not what we called it at Northmoor Elementary.

And just to show a little family resemblance... look at the creases in my forehead...

Nearly the same as Jameson's forehead!!


Jameson is upset in this picture because I'm sitting on Stefan... in other words, paying attention to anyone other than him. He gets upset when I hug or hold Alex... and apparently when Stefan gets attention too!

Yesterday, on my "actual" birthday, I had to work... but today, I'm giving myself the DAY OFF! Yay!

No comments: