Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Jameson's pal

If I may take a step away from my usual attempts at wit and humor, I'm feeling some reflection coming on...

I'm always delighted and proud to see Jameson and Alex connect and play together. I know I valued my big brothers as I grew up (and still do!) so I just really take great satisfaction in seeing them develop their relationship--however quirky it may be.

This evening I saw this first hand, and in fact nearly got drenched from their sibling interplay.


First, Jameson was a bit upset when Alex came home and stole the spotlight... Alex was displaying his spectacular structure that he built on his field trip to the scrap box... and well, Jameson was just in a fussy mood. So as Jameson started to melt, Alex stopped and comforted him.




Look at the tenderness in Alex's hands on Jameson's head. (Sibling tenderness at the cost of extra stretch marks, another few years of lost sleep, toddler angst... worth it? Oh yeaaahhhh)


Then, after the usual plopping around the living room floor rough-housing and reading books about Spot the dog, we opted for a bubble bath. It's been a while since the boys bathed together (I got tired of dealing with the "who gets to sit by the faucet" conflict) but, in an effort to get the bed-time process sped up, I decided to try it again. With bubbles.


It so quickly escalated into such giggles and splashes and bubbly fun that I just had to bring out the camera. I still can't look at these pictures without smiling.


What's next, big bro? (love, love, LOVE, the spark of daring and delight in his eyes...)

Ha! You call that a splash?


Now THIS is a splash!!


One more time for good measure...



Uh oh... it's time to put the camera away before it is soaked, and mop up the bathroom floor... sigh...

No comments: