Thursday, January 3, 2008

Only at our house

Some things said around our house today...

"Dad, I don't think you should have turned me upside down when I had pig poop in my mouth!"

(before the grandparents get too alarmed, he is referring to "Peppermint Pig Poop," a funny peppermint candy)

"MAMA, Jameson bit me on the head!"

(Jameson is still learning that biting isn't a common way of showing affection or horsing around... we hope he figures it out soon!)

In other news, Jameson is still sick and cranky, and therefore driving us insane. At least he was only up one time last night, though.

Alex is ready to go back to school... he's getting "bored".

Stefan was running errands with the boys near me yesterday, so we decided to meet for an early lunch. Unfortunately, as mentioned above, Jameson was a super crank monster (and was ready for nap) so he spent the lunch pounding crayons on the table and reaching for Alex's drink. Oh, and squawking and LOUDLY complaining and gesturing that he wanted to get down. (at least we were the only ones in the place at 11am!) Luckily Stefan eats fast, so he took Jameson out walking while Alex and I finished up. By the time we were done, and I helped carry Jameson across the snowy parking lot to Stefan's car, he was screaming in frustration and fatigue. And doing that wonderful toddler trick where they stiffen their bodies out, making it impossible to buckle them into a car seat. I could still hear his cries as they pulled away.

I was never so happy to be the working parent!

Thank goodness there are stronger people out there who take on the hard job of dealing with little people all day!

No comments: