What's better than Star Wars, 24 hours a day? Legos AND Star Wars.
Mama, can you believe I made this Star Wars legos all by myself? Well, except this tiny part here where you helped. It took me a long day, like a whole day. And see this little blue part here? It has this white piece next to it, but that's what I was supposed to do. Instead of the white and then the blue. I guess it is to show you where the front is. And did you know I had to make TWO rings and put them together? I made the first ring wrong and so I had to take it apart and do it again. I did this ALL BY MYSELF. Can you believe it? See all the little parts I put together? I followed the instructions. And you know what? This ship in the middle comes off of the rings. You just have to lift up these two parts and then slide it out. And then when you look at the ship by itself, you see these two little parts that don't do anything. Those are the parts that slide into the rings. Obewan rides in the ship, but there is a place for two people, so don't worry, this other guy rides in there too. And look at this, if you want his light saber to look like it is down, you can pull this part out like this. See?? But then you have to keep track of this little light saber piece so you don't lose it. No, no, Jameson don't touch. This is for big boys! Mama, this can fly all together or the two pieces can fly on their own. Isn't this cool? Can you get Jameson away, please?
Repeat over and over, with little variation.
We finally had to put a stop to all Star Wars discussions until he had eaten at least ten bites at dinner... he was too busy talking! (he then asked if he could talk about other things, and once approved went on to tell us about school... dinner took a long time last night!)
6 comments:
I don't know how you feel about video games, but my Alexander has been playing the Star Wars Lego X-Box game. Xander LOVES it, even though he knows nothing about Star Wars.
It got great reviews all around, and Travis approves, too. We've been very careful about exposing Xander to violence (hence why he hasn't seen Star Wars), so I was worried about the game, but rather than 'killing' the bad guys, they 'break them up' and collect the pieces to build other things. Slight distinction, but we break up Legos all the time, so it seems ok to me.
How funny... Alex has watched Star Wars but we don't do video games! We have a neighbor who has all the stuff for video games, so he gets to play there. This does sound like a good game though!
How interesting, though, when you think about it. Instead of killing bad guys, you just reuse them for other things. I wonder what kind of applications there are for this in the real world? :)
I don't like video games, but my husband loves them. He mostly plays computer games, but branches out occasionally to Xbox. He got Xander started on video games, unfortunately. Xander loves computer games, too, but all of the ones he has are educational. It is only the Xbox games that are just for entertainment. We have insisted that he only play with Travis, so that limits it quite a bit.
Xander is surprisingly sensitive to movies... he hasn't made it through a full-length movie yet (he's 4.5 years old). We've tried Cars, The Little Mermaid, and Monsters Inc. He gets upset when there is a scary part, a sad part, or a mean part. I really don't like television, so this doesn't bother me at all.
Well, it looks like you are raising a new-age sensitive man! Actually, I have a nephew who is the same way. He's 7 and has been gradually adapting to more movies.
Alex does get to play educational computer games! But we have so far avoided x-box or any other video game devices.
We used to be very, very restrictive on any tv watching at all. But now he gets to watch some things on discovery channel, that are still somewhat educational (ie, how its made or dirty jobs). I still don't like the commercials, though! He learns so many things from them, and even quotes them back to us occasionally. (sigh) There's no perfect solution....
Xander loves How It's Made! I do, too.
I'm happy that he's always preferred educational television. He's always loved watching documentaries about trains or farming or construction equipment. I get those from the library.
I'm not at all sorry that he doesn't like movies and regular television. I would prefer that the Xbox thing had never started, but too late now. We'll keep it restricted.
Yeah, that's how I feel about star wars sometimes. It's started, so now there's no stopping it.
However, it did make for fun halloween costumes!
Post a Comment